“We wanted to take this opportunity to let you know of our upcoming Pastoral Care Conference 2018 – ‘Nurturing Pastoral Care Together’ scheduled on Saturday 10 November 2018 in Dunfermline.
As a follow-up to the Pastoral Care Conference 2017, this Learn day conference will look at how we can nurture our Christian pastoral care. It will seek to provide delegates with initial resource and practical guidance and to encourage them to reflect upon their care for others as well as themselves.
This event will accompany with the launch of our new Learn: Pastoral Care publication, which will be presented to all delegates. Contributors to the publication will deliver talks on nine selected themes and lead open discussion. This will be a great learning and development opportunity for you and others in your congregation to be connected, resourced and inspired.
Details about this event follow below with a link to its online booking page. We’d really appreciate it if you were able to forward the details on to others in your congregation who might be interested. We would encourage churches to be paying for their volunteers to attend as part of their ongoing training and development and there is an option as part of the booking for us to invoice church treasurers.
If you have any questions about this conference, please do not hesitate to contact us. Many thanks.”
Theme: ‘Nurturing Pastoral Care Together’
When: Saturday 10 November (09:30-16:00)
(Booking closes on 25 October 2018)
Where: Vine Conference Centre, 131 Garvock Hill, Dunfermline KY11 4JU (follow LINK for map)
Ticket: £20 with a free copy of Learn: Pastoral Care and lunch
This Learn day conference will look at how to nurture our Christian pastoral care, providing delegates with initial resource and guidance and encouraging them to reflect upon their care for others as well as themselves. Contributors to the forthcoming Learn: Pastoral Care publication will deliver talks on the following themes and lead open discussion:
- Fundamental Features of Caring for Others (Ewan Kelly, Associate Minister of Queen’s Park Govanhill Parish Church, Glasgow)
- Caring for the ‘Self’ (Gabrielle Dench, Pastoral Support Manager, Ministries Council)
- Dementia (John Swinton, Chair in Divinity and Religious Studies, University of Aberdeen)
- Caring for Children and Young People (Gayle Taylor, Associate Minister for Children and Youth at Colinton Parish Church, Edinburgh)
- Mental Health Struggle (Cameron Langlands, Head of Spiritual and Pastoral Care, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust)
- Caring for the Terminally Ill (Ewan Kelly, Associate Minister of Queen’s Park Govanhill Parish Church, Glasgow)
- Relationships and Separation (Blair Robertson, Senior Pastoral Supervisor with Association of Pastoral Supervisors and Educators (APSE))
- Loneliness and Isolation (Janet Foggie, Pioneer Minister, Church of Scotland Chaplain to the University of Stirling)
- Bereavement (Tom Gordon, Former Chaplain, Marie Curie Hospice Edinburgh)
Dr Hongsuk Um, Congregational Learning Development Worker
Mission & Discipleship Council, Church of Scotland, 121 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4YN
Tel: 0131 225 5722 ext 2316 Mob: 07391 408974 www.churchofscotland.org.uk/learn